22 Dec 2009

Christmas Viewing...

Well, this morning I sat down with my shiny new Radio Times and made a list of everything I want to watch this Christmas. It looks like a goo-od year on TV! When I'd finished writing the list on paper, I typed it all up on the computer; arranged by date and time, with little a little red 'R' by it if it may need recording. In fact, I'm so proud of it that I wish I could share it with you. The long and the short of it is that I'm going to be watching A LOT of David Tennant. He's on everything! About 14 things (not that I counted or anything.) And Gavin and Stacey will be good, and Top Gear and Catherine Tate...
Merry Christmas indeed.
By the way; here's an article for anyone to read if they love Doctor Who. It's about how RTD and Doctor Who has transformed the BBC:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/just-what-the-doctor-ordered-how-david-tennants-time-lord-saved-auntie-1842753.html
It's very well written, and I'll show the first paragraph as a kind of advert, and because I think it's funny,
Do you hate David Tennant? Then this will be the worst Christmas of your life. You might as well gaffer-tape your face until January, because between today and New Year's Day, that lanky Scotsman with the Converse tennis shoes and the pinstripes and the great hair-wax explosion will fill more airwaves than Fiona Bruce and the jewellery demonstrators of QVC combined.
It also says that "Fortunately for Tennant, the British nation has fallen hopelessly, madly and devotedly in love with him – and the 900-year-old Time Lord whose hair products he's been using for the past five years." Which is the kind of thing that makes me and Mum tear up.
I also bought a book today which I can't wait to start reading. http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2006/nov/18/featuresreviews.guardianreview31 It's called The Winter Book by Tova Jansson, and I shall read it whilst listening to Sting's If On A Winter's Night, in homage to my faveourite season.
Have a good one lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment