1 Aug 2009

And in other news...

I'm going to be published.
I think I'm probably still in shock, even though I've been typing it all day.
I wrote a poem miles ago, and then I got an email about this Poetry Rivals competition, and thought; 'what the hell, there's no harm in entering'. So I sent it off and promptly forgot about it.
This morning, however, I went down to microwave my tea and found quite a lot of post on the doormat, so I made sure there wasn't anything for me. Well, strictly speaking, there wasn't, but there was a letter adressed to "The Parents Of..." me. Now, naturelle mon, I freaked out a bit, thinking it might be something from my new school saying I couldn't go (which would, in part, be a blessed releif), but when my mum opened it, it was from Poetry Rivals saying there going to publish me.
I'm really excited. I mean, they haven't picked the top 50 to go to the Grand Final, and I'm almost certain that I won't get into that, because I'm only 15 and still a bit crap, but... I don't care.
I'm going to be published. I'm so happy for me.
This feels better than Christmas in New York. >>

No comments:

Post a Comment